Tennis matches are played on three types of courts, each of which has its own specifics and requires certain skills from players. Here we will look at the factors to consider when forming a bet on a tennis match on Parimatch, taking into account the surface on which it will take place.
Tournaments with a dirt surface are dominated by players with good fitness and power. It is these two factors that are key in distributing the tennis players’ chances of success.
In this case, the leading roles are played by the ability to attack and hit the court powerfully, without giving your opponent a chance to get a grip on the ball. The fact is that clay surfaces are slow. When the ball comes in contact with the court, the round gets a high bounce, and the speed of its flight slows down significantly. These features give the player the opportunity to conveniently adjust to the stroke and choose a comfortable position to attack from the backhand or the forehand.
If you see a match with a powerful and tough tennis player, against a player who has played a long match before, it is rational to consider winning the former, and if the odds on this outcome are too low, play for a win with a minus handicap on games.
The second skill that stands out in successful grounders is considered good serve reception. Here again, slowing the flight and rebound height of the ball comes into play. A player who can receive his opponent’s serve aggressively has many times more chances to win a match on clay against an opponent who doesn’t have this skill in his arsenal. We should not forget that strong serves, in spite of the peculiarities of clay courts, are still quite a dangerous weapon.
When making a forecast for a clay court match, remember that in most cases the players with a higher skill level win on such courts. In contrast to hard and grass, there are fewer sensations and the strongest wins more often.
Outdoor hard courts
Every prognosticator tennis betting should emphasize two golden rules:
- If the match is played on a fast surface, the player must serve the first serve regularly – have a high percentage.
- If the match is played on slow courts, the tennis player should serve powerfully.
- There is a trend in modern tennis betting with an increase in slow courts. First of all it is connected with the fact that on such a surface players show more spectacular and long matches, and tournament organizers use it as a starting point.
- Matches on hard courts are often accompanied by a persistent struggle. This is due to the fact that on this surface it is difficult to take your opponent’s serve. In most cases, the outcome of each of the sets decides one break. In such duels it is not recommended to play big minus handicaps favorites.
- Open-air duels on the hard court are highly dependent on weather conditions. When forming a betting Parimatch on such a match, it is necessary to take into account the air temperature, wind strength and humidity. Under the scorching sun and high humidity, the favorite of the match will try to finish the match as quickly as possible to save strength for the next rounds.
Indoor hard courts
At indoor tournaments with a hard court surface, tennis players with a good serve perform best. The reason is that the indoor climate is comfortable and there is no wind, which gives an advantage to serve players.
Indoors, as well as on the outdoor hard court, matches have few and far between breaks, so in order to make a betting Parimatch on a solid minus forfeit the favorite must break two or three times – not always an easy task.
There is another side of the coin to this feature. A player who gives up his serve in the first set often saves his strength for the second game, rather than continuing to fight.
In matches on a closed hard court recommended to look closely at tennis bets on the total more, especially in cases where you meet tennis players with accurate and powerful serve. Their matches in most cases are accompanied by tie-breaks. Bookmakers Parimatch generously value bets on the fact that the thirteenth game will be played in the match. This can be used for successful tennis bets.
Grass court matches are the most unpredictable in tennis. In many ways, here everything depends on luck, but we can’t ignore the skills of tennis players for this surface.
The peculiarities of this surface are listed below:
- First, on grass, matches are very fast. Sometimes even one hour is enough for players to determine the strongest. The fastness of the court and the lack of long rallies are to blame.
- A fast serve, a fast ball to the net, and then a fast shot to the empty net – this is how most matches end on grass. If one player breaks the break, the other player’s chances of winning the set are nil. We are talking about a break by the favorite or a player with a strong serve.
- It is not recommended for grass matches to play a big handicap, because having made even one break, the favorite in the remaining games on the reception simply will not strain any more.
- Again we pay attention to players’ serve matches. In 90% of cases there will be a tie-break due to the grass courts. You won’t be able to receive quality serves because the ball is accelerated after making contact with the grass.
- A low rebound serve is a dangerous weapon for grass court players. This kind of serve is disastrous for the receiver, who has no chance to return the ball on his half court. In most cases, the receiving tennis players have only a chance to throw the ball over the net, there is no question about the possibility of an attack right after the reception.
- Grass tournaments are the fewest on the tour and last for a month. Young players rarely play in such tournaments, and more often the experienced tennis players who know the specifics of the game on this surface win.
- Grass courts are the most dangerous for injuries. Don’t be surprised if you have several setbacks in the course of a match at one tournament already in the early stages. Green surfaces are very slippery and tennis players don’t have much time to get used to them. Falls and slips on the court become more frequent and lead to injuries.
- At the start of a grass tournament, the condition of the turf is different from the later stages. During the match, the grass is simply trampled, especially in the areas where players take serves. This affects the bounce rate of the ball, which decreases.